ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
Under the responsibility of the production supervisor, the General Labourer involved in processing, manufacturing, and packaging cheese. It ensures work to produce a quality cheese. This need to be completed while respecting the rules for health and safety, sanitation, quality, and production.
- Handle the cheese at different stages of production and packaging.
- Wash, clean and perform equipment maintenance.
- Wrap the cheese in various formats.
- Complete reporting of production and washing.
- Being versatile in various workstations.
- Prepare all the ingredients and materials needed for the manufacture and packaging of the cheese.
- Perform all tasks and actions safety and according to quality standards (HACCP).
- Follow company policies and procedures for St-Albert Cheese.
- Perform all other related duties.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent (asset)
- Work schedule as required by the production (day, evening and weekend)
- Excellent physical aptitude to lift weights exceeding 20 kg repetitively for the duration of your shift.
- Excellent physical aptitude for to perform repetitive movements, bending, being in continuous movement for the duration of your shift work.
- Be able to manipulate chemical products
- Attendance/Dependability: Is punctual and meets work attendance according to weekly and monthly production schedule. Available for work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent unplanned absences. Willing to accept accountability for outcomes and team objectives.
- Teamwork: contributes to the success and growth of the company by participating in the development of the team through sharing information, his knowledge and expertise, and supporting everyone involved in facing challenges and changes at hand. Effective team builder with demonstrated abilities, excellent team player
- Open minded: open to changes and other opinions and demonstrates a generally positive attitude
- Skills in planning and organizing: Plans and organizes a task, from beginning to end, while maintaining focus on objectives and results
- Adaptability and flexibility: Able to easily adapt to the challenges offered by a company in constant evolution.
- Resourcefulness: Identifies and uses appropriate means to fulfill any mandate. Highly motivated, self-directed, and driven for results
- Curiosity: Loves to learn and maintain best practices and trends in the field
- Excellent communication skills: Communicates effectively both verbally and in written and has strong interpersonal skills
- Independent: Exercises autonomy in carrying out the responsibilities entrusted to him
- Bilingual: English and/or French, spoken and written (asset)
- Creates a “can-do” climate;
- Approaches others in a pleasant, happy and upbeat manner;
- Maintains enthusiasm despite criticism of ideas;
- Demonstrates team support
- Demonstrates an “I care” attitude.
Status: Part Time
Work Schedule: Days, evenings, weekends*
*Schedule can change to accommodate operational needs.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com indicating the job title and the posting reference number in the subject. a