ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, repairs, and installation of production equipment. He is also responsible for helping to improve the reliability and efficiency of all equipment related to the production and the facilities. All this, while respecting rules and regulations for health and safety, food safety and quality, and maintaining a good working environment.
- Comprehend the electrical drawings and specifications for the equipment, the systems and all spare parts listed;
- Install, replace, repair, adjust and align parts for various equipment and machinery (wiring, relays, circuit breakers, mechanical components);
- Support the maintenance crew and the production teams when facing and troubleshooting mechanical and/or electrical problems with the production’s machinery and instrumentation;
- Respond to emergencies and troubleshooting problems;
- Perform mechanical and electrical testing of the production’s equipment and ensure its proper operation and compliance with applicable standards, guidelines, tolerances and operational needs;
- Use proper tools and equipment to do the verification of the parameters, the adjustments and the calibration of the equipment;
- Perform preventive, corrective and anticipated maintenance on a regular or periodic schedule to avoid equipment failures and to improve them;
- Make written reports for all services and repairs;
- Document all anomalies in written reports and inform the supervisor;
- Able to work on multiple projects;
- Perform other related duties.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- College degree in mechanical engineering technology or other appropriate discipline, any other equivalent experience;
- Minimum experience of one to three years in a similar position in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience and training in continuous improvement (asset);
- Pays great attention to details;
- Demonstrates a good analytical and problem solving skill;
- Has a sense of responsibility, self-reliance and resourcefulness;
- Possesses and demonstrates excellent technical skills;
- Is versatile, flexible and reliable;
- Has an open mind and is able to adapt to changes;
- Possesses and demonstrates mechanical and electrical skills;
- Bilingual: French and English, spoken and written.
Status: Full time
Work Schedule: Day, Evening and weekends
**Available to work on different work shifts; schedule could change depending on production needs
We thank each candidate for their interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com indicating the job title and the Posting ref. in the subject.