- Perform industrial tests and test the product manufacturing in series on the lines, as well as analyze successive test outcomes.
- Lead sensorial evaluations and shelf-life studies to support product launching.
- Perform product sensorial analysis and tests using appropriate methods and analysis while ensuring product compliance with the standards and regulations in place.
- Prepare technical cards, enter recipes in the quality management system and database; ensure documentation follow-ups and manage reports preparation for new R&D projects.
- Study new ingredients, technologies, processes, and procedures to develop and execute new initiatives and maximize production efficiency.
- Adapt manufacturing parameters and equipment upon achieving satisfactory production outcomes.
- Support project execution by designing an experimental framework, building/reviewing analytical data, developing validation SOPs and product specifications, and identifying potential challenges.
- Research and collaborate with external research institutes or suppliers to extend knowledge in the food manufacturing sector.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- College diploma in the Food Science or other relevant combination of education and work experience.
- Completed microbiology or laboratory techniques program or the food processing technology/ food science.
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the food technology (dairy products is an asset).
- In-depth knowledge of dairy processing, packaging, and storage processes.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in the food industry.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of HACCP and SQF standards.
- Knowledge of the dairy sector.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and adaptability.
- Have a positive attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Be innovative and creative, open-minded, flexible.
- Have a strong motivation and perseverance as well as a strong passion for science.
- Demonstrate a high interest in successful food development.
- Demonstrate rigor and discipline in the execution of projects and the required tasks.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Bilingualism and excellent written and verbal communication in French and English.
Work Schedule: Day, evening with weekend rotation.
Full Time, Permanent
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title and the posting reference number in the subject.