Role and Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Production Supervisor, the General Labourer are involved in processing, manufacturing and packaging cheese. They ensure work to produce a quality cheese. This needs to be completed while respecting the rules for health and safety, sanitation, quality and production.
- Handle the cheese at different stages of production and packaging
- Wash, clean and perform equipment maintenance
- Wrap the cheese in various sizes
- Complete reporting of production and washing
- Being versatile in various workstations
- Prepare all the ingredients and materials needed for the manufacture and packaging of the cheese
- Perform all tasks and actions safety and according to quality standards (HACCP)
- Follow company policies and procedures for St-Albert Cheese
- Perform all other related duties
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (an asset)
- Work schedule as required by the production (day, evening and weekend)
- Be able to lift weights exceeding 20 kg and be able to manipulate chemical products
- Teamwork: contributes to the success and growth of the company by participating in the development of the team through sharing information, self-knowledge and expertise, and supporting everyone involved in facing challenges and changes at hand. Effective team builder with demonstrated abilities, excellent team player
- Open minded: open to changes and other opinions and demonstrates a generally positive attitude
- Skills in planning and organizing: Plans and organizes a task, from beginning to end, while maintaining focus on objectives and results
- Adaptability and flexibility: Able to easily adapt to the challenges offered by a company in constant evolution.
- Resourcefulness: Identifies and uses appropriate means to fulfill any mandate. Highly motivated, self-directed and driven for results
- Curiosity: Loves to learn and maintain best practices and trends in the field
- Excellent communication skills: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing and has strong interpersonal skills
- Independent: Exercises autonomy in carrying out the responsibilities entrusted to him
- Bilingual: English and/or French, spoken and written
This position offers a competitive salary as well as full benefits.
We thank each candidate for their interest however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title and Ref No as subject