ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
Reporting to the General Director, the Head of Logistic is responsible for the distribution, reception and expedition, warehousing and customer service departments. The Head of Logistic is in charge of finding solutions and implementing procedures and work processes for the development of the customer experience. This includes the optimization of distribution routes, the efficiency and accuracy of order preparation, the service offered to customers and the collaboration between the various departments.
The Head of Logistic will provide an important leadership role for existing teams, demonstrate a strong interest in a “hands on” management style and ensure a frequent presence with employees and sectors. It will have to evaluate, plan and implement working methods for the proper functioning of the sectors for which it is responsible. Much of its role will be to put in place continuous improvement processes and find methods to facilitate employee change management.
- Leading, organizing and analyzing the operational activities of the distribution and delivery, reception and dispatch departments, warehousing and customer service;
- Understand and analyze customer needs to maintain and strengthen business relationships with customers, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Manage daily operations and budget related to each of the Logistics sectors;
- ordinate the exchange of information to ensure continuity between operations in the production, customer service and distribution sectors so that our customers are always well served;
- Revise delivery routes and ensure maximum optimization to meet customer demands efficiently and economically;
- Manage the maintenance and inspection of transport equipment;
- Develop and improve the logistics strategy of Fromagerie;
- Review and define performance indicators for each of the Logistics sectors;
- Identify potential supply chain improvement projects and complete these projects;
- Work with members of the Executive Board and the Board of Directors to share information and propose improvement projects and present departmental objectives;
- Respect and enforce established Health and Safety, hygiene, food safety and handling rules at all times.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Completion of a college or university program in business administration, transportation administration, or engineering, or an equivalent combination of training and supply chain experience;
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years experience in a similar position;
- Minimum of five (5) year in supervision;
- Posses a professional designation in supply chain management (asset);
- Experience and training with continuous improvement;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Bilingual: must be completely bilingual in both French and English;
- Strong Leadership: ensure the mobilization and motivation of their team toward organizational objectives;
- Adaptability and Flexibility: able to easily adapt to the challenges offered by the company in a constant flux of evolution and change;
- Customer Approach focuses;
- Planning and Organizing Skills;
- Open Minded;
- Excellent listening and communication skills;
Status : Full-time position including a full range of benefits
Schedule: Day, must be available according to operational needs, ie, day, evening, and weekend.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title and the posting reference number in the subject.
We thank each candidate for their interest, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.